On Thursday, we had our IVF consult. It went really well. We came home with so much information - our heads were spinning! We'll be doing IVF at the very end of February. This is basically what my protocol will be:
- CD3 Bloodwork and start BCP in January. (Minimum of 2 weeks on them, but up to 6-8 weeks.)
- Trial Transfer and saline sonohystogram - ? not sure when
- Lupron shots in my thigh or stomach - this suppresses your ovaries. (For 10 days by itself.)
- Bravelle/Menopur shots in my thigh/stomach - these stimulate your ovaries (For 10-12 days) and continute Lupron shots at 1/2 the dosage.
- Lots of ultrasounds and bloodwork throughout cycle.
- Ovidrel - 2 shots 36 hours prior to Egg Retrieval.
- More bloodwork.
- Egg Retrieval done under IV sedation.
- Start Progesterone injections in hip every other day and Endomtrin suppositories 3x/day on the off days.
- Egg Transfer 3-5 days later done with valium or IV sedation.
- Estrogen patch along with the progesterone/endometrin.
- Blood pregnancy test.
It's a lot. But we're really excited. And nervous. And scared. But really excited!
We had a bottle of champagne here, so last night we toasted to "2008: The Year of the Baby!" (See, we're being positive!)