Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Individual Interviews

Our individual meetings went well. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours. I went first because I was so nervous. We looked at the photos we had taken over the weekend. I had sent a copy of our edited profile last night. We need to make a couple of minor changes. All of our reference letters are in (yay!) Our fingerprint results came back. We turned in our medical forms, too. At this point, we need to make a final draft of our profile, choose the final 5 pictures, choose the layout/colors for our profile, and send it all to the agency with another check. We'll be doing that over the next week or so.

After all that, we were interviewed separately. We talked about growing up, our parents, our siblings, our childhood memories, our religion, our jobs, any family history of violence/substance abuse, our relationship, etc.

We both felt like it went well. We feel so much relief to be to this point already. Now we're moving towards the home visit!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad you posted. We'll both be tired tomorrow since I'm up late reading this. :) You sound so happy and positive, Wendy. I'm thrilled for you that your interviews went well and that you're feeling good about the process. November 12 will be here before you know it!

Wendy said...

Thanks, Karen! I am glutton for punishment ... I'm still up 30 minutes later! Okay, now I'm really really backing away from the computer!

I'm glad that things are going well for you, too -- sounds like it's overwhelming with the classes and the paperwork, but at least you are almost done with the classes, right?

Lots of luck to you :)

Lost in Space said...

I can't believe how much you and Steve are getting accomplished!! That is quite a list.

I'm so glad the interviews went well and that you are nearing the final version of your profile. You will be in the system in no time!!

I'm so happy for you and Steve, Wendy. I love the excitement in your posts. (:

Tara said...

This is great! I am glad you sound so positive. How did you find your agency? I am trying to learn as much as possible about adoption.

Good luck to you and many hugs from Atlanta!
T

Wendy said...

Thanks, B and Tara :)

Tara - I happened to see that the agency we are using was having an informational meeting at our local library. We went to it about a year before we even started any of this...we wanted to start checking into it around the time we started IVF. Turns out that a friend I grew up with adopted her son through the agency and really liked the agency as well. We had a good feeling about them, too, after attending a couple of meetings.

Jill said...

Wendy-Things seem to be progressing along so well! Man, they sure do ask a lot of questions, but sounds like you guys handled everything like champs! I'm so happy for you Wendy. I can hear your excitement about the adoption through your words. Hoping for Nov. 12 to get here soon!

MRS. ERIN SMITH said...

Wow! That's quite an inventory. Not sure I could handle it as cooly as you have. You're working so hard... this is bound to pay off!

Fingers crossed for the 12th!

E

Wendy said...

Thanks, everyone!

Erin - I wish I was more cool and calm! I'm not, but I'm trying to make myself calmer by being as prepared and ready as possible. The profile has taken a lot of time, and once that's done we will both feel much calmer. :)

Polly Gamwich said...

Yay! So exciting!! What a huge deal ... so excited for you. I can't imagine what it's like to be going through the adoption process - but I love sharing in the excitement I can feel in your words.

So excited!!