Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Updates

These are two pages of the scrapbook I've been working on. Steve's mom has also offered to make a scrapbook for us, so I've been trying to save things for her, too. In the book that I'm putting together, I'm including things from our adoption journey as well as things we're doing to prepare for having a baby. Just thought I would post a couple...These two pages have to do with our nursery:



I've been meaning to write a new post over the past few days, but I haven't had the chance. We've been kind of busy with things. Plus I wasn't feeling great over the weekend - my allergies were bothering me, and I even lost my voice at one point! (Usually that happens after I start back to school and have to talk more!)

As far as what else has been going on...the expectant mother that chose our profile and I have been emailing each other quite a bit. It's been nice to "talk" to her -- I get so excited when I see there's a new message in the inbox from her!

She asked me if I would go to a childbirth class with her on Monday night. It was so nice - she even called me before the class and we got to talk a bit. Then we went to the class and learned about hospital/birth plan options. I felt really happy to be a part of that with her - it meant so much to me.

I sent her a message thanking her for including me. She sent one back and asked if I would like to be in the room with her when she has the baby. I am so honored that she would ask me! I don't think I could have smiled any bigger when I read her message!

11 comments:

Melba said...

Fantastic news...so glad to hear things are going so well now, I am so excited for you!!

Melba

E said...

That's wonderful, Wendy. It's so great that she wants to include you in everything. It must have felt surreal to be in the childbirth class! So happy for you:)

Wendy said...

Yes, surreal is a good word for it, E! Surreal in a good way, though. :)

I might not ever have gotten to go to a childbirth class if she hadn't invited me. After everything we've been through...to now be doing things like this to prepare for the baby's birth and to be able to get to know Z...I'm just so happy.

Infertility is Hard said...

I am so happy that things are going so well. Gosh - your baby will be here just around the corner. I am so happy for you and your husband, and this much deserved blessing. :-D

Dana/WiredDesign said...

Wow - what an uplifting post! Thanks for sharing...

Polly Gamwich said...

So excited she wants to have you in the room and that your relationship sounds like it is blossoming! So so happy!

Anna said...

I'm so happy she's making you a part of the process. That's just so wonderful!

Enjoy the journey. (I know you are, you sound so incredibly happy).
Still can't believe in less than 2 months you'll be a new mom.
So very happy for you and DH.

Wishing you all the best & stay blessed,
Anna

Lost in Space said...

As always I love your scrapbook pages, Wendy.

I'm so thrilled all is going so well with Z and that you are getting to experience things you thought were once off limits to you. Such a blessing and a great bonding experience I can imagine.

I owe you a marathon email. LOL. Work has been nuts. I may have not had lunch until our ride home at 4PM today, but I still had lunch. LOL. Oh, and I am knee deep in catching up on blogs... (-; Be on the lookout though...

Hope you are over being sick soon!!

Jamie said...

how exciting! i still remember the giddiness i felt in being asked the same question. :) how absolutely wonderful!! :)

the scrapbook pages are great too! such a wonderful "start" to this beautiful journey. :)

birthmothertalks said...

The scrap book pages look great. I am excited for you.

Amber said...

what a beautiful thing to get to go to:)