Monday, November 11, 2013

Taking a break…

I’m not sure where this blog is going right now…I find that I am not keeping up with many posts, and I feel bad about that.  I love to write, but I’ve been spending less and less time on the actual blog.  I really appreciate everyone who checks in with me or leaves comments to see how we’re doing.  Thank you so much for listening, for sharing your stories, and for supporting me. 

Things have just gotten busier with Zoe in preschool (she goes more days than she did last year), and I find that our afternoons are filled with all kinds of things – art projects, playing outside, spending time with her new friends (and me spending time with her friends’ moms who are newer friends for me), visiting family, running errands, and other activities. 

We are kind of in limbo as far as adopting again…Just not sure if it’s going to happen.   We’re not ruling it out, but at this point we aren’t in the process to adopt again.  We had a really big disappointment about a month ago when we applied for a grant and were not chosen.  There are other grants out there, but this one was very substantial and really would have made the process more feasible.

I haven’t written as much about visits with Zoe’s birth mom because she has been living out of state and going to school.  She just graduated, though, and we are so happy for her!  She is planning to move back to our state, and we’re looking forward to seeing her again! 

I just feel like adoption topics and posts aren’t coming to me as easily as they did before.  I think that for now I’m going to take a break from writing here.  I  may be back….just not sure when.  Just going to focus a little more on other things…like getting ready for the holidays, spending time with family and friends, and enjoying the little moments of each day.

wendy and zoe in leaves

5 comments:

A to Z said...

I completely understand! I feel like my blog is just more about our life than adoption...and adoption will ALWAYS be a part of our story, but it's not the complete story. So, I get what you're feeling. But I enjoy keeping up with your family :) Are you working outside of the home any more? I don't know if you mentioned that in your blog. Take care. You can email me at ajatchley@hotmail.com

Wendy said...

A to Z...I'll email you, thanks! I'm a stay at home mom right now, but I'll probably be back teaching next fall. Thank you, I like reading your blog, too. I know what you mean about it being more about your life than about adoption. I feel that way, too, some days.

birthmothertalks said...

I been feeling a little that way with my blogs too. Don't have a lot going on to share ect.

Wendy said...

It's tough, isn't birthmothertalks? I totally understand.

Wendy said...

Oops! meant to write "isn't it"