Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 25th

The last few days have felt like a blur. Everyone has been so nice to us. Our family has been looking out for us. Friends have called to check on us.

DH and I have decided to go back to looking into adoption. We went to 2 meetings with one agency last year. We also met with another agency yesterday because DH and I had the day off. We know the whole adoption process can be very long, so we're trying to start things. We figure we'll meet with a few agencies and then choose the one we like the best. We will probably look into domestic adoption, but I'm open to international as well. We'll see.

8 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

I'm sorry you feel like you're starting off back at square one. And I'm sorry the IVF didn't work. Big hugs ...

Jen said...

You have every right to feel down and negative - IF is so crappy and unfair.
Good for you for being strong enough to move forward.

Jamee said...

Good luck on the adoption journey! We are just starting ours as well! I hope things move swiftly and smoothly for you!

Lost in Space said...

Huge hugs, Wendy. It is such a hard shock to deal with. We spent so much time preparing for our cycles and anxiously awaiting that one last test. It just really sucks and I am so sorry.

Good luck with your adoption journey and moving forward.

Wendy said...

Thank you for the support, everyone. We are doing okay, I guess. It's been very hard, but we're trying to move on. We have talked about adoption over the last year or so, so now we're just trying to get more information. It's kind of overwhelming.

KRISTI said...

Hi from FF! I just wanted to give you my support! Big hugs for all you have gone through.

I am the mommy to two gorgeous girls through adoption. I would go through all my tears again just to have them in my life.

Feel free to check out my blog. We did both international and domestic. BEST WISHES to you!!!
(sunshinehugs from FF)

Joanna said...

I am sorry for your difficulty with this situation. If and when you are ready, I would be happy to talk adoption with you. It is a wonderful world!

Wendy said...

Thanks, Kristi and Joanna.

Joanna - if we do move forward with adoption, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you. Thank you for offering to talk about it with us!