Saturday, September 6, 2008

4 Days After...

It's been four days since we found out the our 3rd IVF did not work. Coincidently, the day we found out was also my first day of school. In some ways, it was a good thing - I was able to see my students and keep busy with getting my classroom together. In other ways - it was so hard.

Very few people at my work know we did a 2nd and a 3rd IVF. One of the people that does know told me that I shouldn't lose hope - that we could adopt and then get pregnant. I tried to explain to her how that only about 6% of couples who adopt go on to have a biological child. Most importantly, though, is that we aren't going to adopt in the hopes of the adoption helping us to get pregnant. We will adopt because we want to become parents.

Steve told me he feels confused -- why didn't this work for us? I just feel such a sense of loss.

7 comments:

Babe* said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. I just don't know how to tell you to fix it. Only time (a lot of time).

I can't promise you the pain will go away but I can promise you that it dulls with time. I'm here if you ever need to talk or vent.

Lost in Space said...

I am so sorry you are going through all of this, Wendy. It's more than enough to find out your third cycle didn't work, but all the baby talk and reminders at work is just way too much right now.

I wish I had an answer to any of your questions. You are grieving so many different kinds of losses right now. Grieve them all and get it all out. We are here to listen to every last word.

I share so many of your thoughts and feelings. It just sucks that this journey to parenthood isn't what we had planned.

Thinking of you. Much love.

Jenileigh said...

I am sooo sorry. ((((Hugs))))I pray the Lord comfort you as only He can. I am praying that the Lord open your womb!

Next in Line said...

Hello, I have been following your blog for a while now. Just now that I am thinking about you. That is a rough back to school week. Hang in there. You two will find your way through this.

Shawn and Aimee said...

Wendy, I'm sorry for all that you're feeling and all that you're going through. You have to realize though that you will get through this.

You and your husband will both realize your dream of parenting one way or another.

Tara said...

Wendy - I have been following your blog for a while now. I am so sorry that this didn't work out for you yet. I will keep praying as we struglle through this tough time we are facing,

Polly Gamwich said...

Wendy, I'm so sorry. These losses are huge and they are compounded - it's so difficult. And so painful to hear about other's successes.

I'm so sorry that this journey isn't what you'd hoped it would be ... it's just so painful.

Big hugs,
Polly