Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Next Step

Steve and I spent the last two weeks talking about what we wanted to do next. We looked at all of the paperwork that we had from the adoption agency that we liked. We talked about whether we should go forward with international adoption or domestic adoption. We decided that we are going to pursue domestic adoption - We are hoping that we will be able to adopt an newborn infant, so domestic looks like the way to go. We decided to send the form in now, especially since it will probably take a while before we have our consultation appointment set up.

I dropped the form in the mailbox today!

I have to say - it's a good feeling. A really good feeling. For the first time in a very long long time, I feel hopeful that this will lead us to a child.

7 comments:

Christi said...

I'm so glad for you. It is really a wonderful feeling to feel hopeful, I wish you and your husband nothin but the very best. You deserve it! can't wait to follow your journey

Joannah said...

Oh, I hope so, too. You deserve a happy ending!

Lost in Space said...

I am so thrilled for you and Steve, Wendy!!! I know these aren't easy steps, but you are moving forward and are that much closer to finding your baby.

I love that you are feeling hopeful again and wish you nothing but the best.

Damn, I am just so happy for you!!! (:

Polly Gamwich said...

How amazing ... I just loved reading those last couple of lines. I think it's true ... to go from the lack of hope in infertility treatments to feeling like you'll have a baby through adoption ... what a load off.

Praying for a quick homestudy, process, and match!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Wendy! I wish you the best of luck :)

Jenileigh said...

Oh I hope so! I'm so happy for you! Adoption isn't an option for us because dh has a prior conviction, prior to meeting me. I pray the Lord leads you to the perfect child.

Tara said...

I am so excited for you! Renewed hope is the best feeling - and is so hard to manage during IF treatments. Wishing you a speedy process to your baby! I will be following your progress and cheering you on!