Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Day Before ER

I went in for my bloodwork at 7am this morning. The nurse said that my E2 was 2782 yesterday. She drew my blood today to check to make sure that the HCG (trigger shot of Novarel) was working.

If you are reading my blog and have never been through IVF before...

Tomorrow my retrieval is at 9am. I have to be there by 8:30am. That's so they can talk to me about the anesthesia, get the anesthesia ready, ask me about allergies, give me my first progesterone shot, etc.

My progesterone shots start tomorrow. I'll be doing one shot in the hip every night.

I reminded the nurse that we are supposed to have Assisted Hatching done on our embryos. She said to mention it again tomorrow, so they can make sure the embryologist is aware that we're doing that. (I would have mentioned it anyway because I don't want them to forget.)

I'll know tomorrow how many eggs they retrieved. I won't know if they were mature and if they fertilized until I get the fertilization report on Monday.

The whole procedure is about 30-45 minutes long. Afterwards, they make sure that you are waking up okay from the anesthesia, and they give you something to drink and eat. After they are sure you are okay, they let you go home.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - I feel hopeful again. We've done everything we can do to get us to this point, and things are out of our hands now. I'm worried, too, but I'm hoping that we improved our odds somehow this time.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Good luck! I hope this is the one!