Monday, August 11, 2008

Today's Appointments

I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound today. My E2 came back at 687 (that's up from 211) and the nurse said that's "fantastic." My ultrasound showed 3 follicles that are 10-11mm and 13 that are under 10. That's so many more than I had last time. I'm so happy!

I go back in on Wednesday morning for the same type of appointment.

I also met with an IVF support group at the doctor's office. There were 4 of us that are all going through IVF in the next week or so. It was nice to talk to people who are going through the same things. I was the 'veteran' of the group, though. Everyone else was trying it for the first time. In a way it was nice because I was able to answer a lot of their questions.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's fantastic news!

I'm glad you enjoyed the support group. If anything, at least you helped to calm the nerves of the newbies and it gives you an outlet to talk about how you are feeling with people who truly understand.

Lost in Space said...

Great follicle count and E2!!! You are doing great!!!

I'm glad you liked the support group and hope you got as much comfort as I am sure you gave. Is this something that is offered on a regular basis for infertility or is it only while you are in an IVF cycle?

Good luck on Wednesday!!

Wendy said...

The counselor has been trying to run it for general infertility, but I guess with so many people doing IVF this month she made it an IVF group. I think she said that was the 4th meeting. I've met with her once before, but this is the first time I went to a meeting with other patients.

Wendy said...

Oh, forgot to add - the counselor has done IVF 3 times (1 was successful) and has had m/c, too. She understands what everyone is going through.